Monday, January 31, 2011

4 SUPER Cute Tops For Under $100

When staring down into the deep, dark unknown that is my crappy Ikea wardrobe that houses the bulk of my closet (you say "walk-in," I say "hastily constructed particle board rectangle with doors!"), I've started to realize that what I'm really lacking is cute, easy-to-wear tops. Being, um, let's say generously curvy in "places," I try to avoid tight tops because they can look hooch-o-rama and kind of tacky. I aim to be neither of those things. So I like a slightly tailored yet comfortably slouchy top. Even better if it's got a banded waist so I don't look like I'm wearing a paper or plastic bag.

Anyway, here are four adorable tops -- I'm big into lace insets, apparently -- that look perfect with jeans and are still casual, don't get me wrong, but they're a half step up from the t-shirt-and-jeans look. And they're all under $100, so that's even more adorable, you know?


+ Ella Moss "Kaleidoscope" Lace Inset Sweatshirt, $98, Bloomingdales.com
+ Ella Moss "Chastity" Lace Draped Neck Top, $61.42, Bloomingdales.com
+ Dustie Doll Acid Wash Lace Cutout Sweatshirt, $65, Stantonjames.com
+ BB Dakota cropped Lake Superior Top, $48, Fredflare.com