Monday, April 25, 2011

Lust List: Rachel Roy & Keds Hi-Tops, Tie-Dye For Non Hippies, And The Best Summer Bag EVAR!

Welcome to my weekly lust list -- my fantasy shopping list of things I'd happily purchase right this moment... if only you were paying.


($99, Rachel Roy)
It was love at first click for me and these Rachel Roy blue Adinah hi-tops, created with surfer Karina Petroni. Love the summery surf fabric and I love that they're slip-ons. Honestly, being vehemently anti flip-flops (they're terrible and cheap!!! Step your GAME up!), these are a perfect substitute. 

($264, Collina Strada, DearFieldbinder)
I mean... a better summer bag has never existed. Leather, canvas, a happy little shadowy tic print, and plenty of compartments.

($19.99, Calypso For Target)
I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll keep repeating it if need be. Tie-dye can be HORRIBLE. TERRIBLE. Any Jerry Garcia-leaning swirls-and-fractals tee makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a brooch, straight-up Oedipus style. The ONLY way to do tie-dye acceptably is ONE color with few circles or stripes. For example: the tie-dye tops from the Calypso for Target collection. I'm pretty stoked for a super easy orange tie-dye tee (I think they come in a bright pink too). The collection hits Target stores May 1.

($90, Alexis Bittar)
That little pop of fuchsia in there? That's love.



($70, Keds)
Keds is rolling out their "How Do You" road trip series, which pairs (har) a pair of urban-inspired, limited-edition Keds with a city and a charity. My favorites of the collection are the hi-top foldover Champion LA Keds. They're lightweight, and, once again, perfect for flip-flop skeevers like myself.