Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rachel Antonoff For Bass Oxfords Are ON SALE At Dear Fieldbinder, Which I LOVE, BTW

$35, Rachel Antonoff x Bass, Dear Fieldbinder
Here's some MOST excellent news if you've been pining after a pair of Rachel Comey for Bass Oxfords like I have. The slip-on Zoe oxfords in black and beige are on sale at Dear Fieldbinder for just $35.

Also, speaking of Dear Fieldbinder, if I haven't said it before, I'll say it now: this is absolutely my favorite boutique in all of Brooklyn. (No, this is not paid content -- I'm just a HUGE fan of this shop.) Not that I've been to EVERY clothing store in Brooklyn, mind you. But of the ones I've been to, it's my favorite. It's WAY more affordable than Bird, I actually find the selection to be far more fun and interesting (really, Bird? $575 for a blue canvas smock? Not trying to hate, but Bird's selection seems to have gotten more and more staid over the years). And Dear Fieldbinder lacks the yoga-lady love-the-earth vibe that plagues a lot of Brooklyn boutiques. (Note: I LOVE both yoga and the earth, but you don't see me rolling around in saffron-colored linen pants, a flowy tunic with a dharma embroidered on it, and crusty comfort sandals. Pull it together, some of Brooklyn! And by "some of Brooklyn," I of course specifically mean some of Park Slope and Boerum Hill.) Every time I stop by, I discover a new indie designer like Collina Strada or Something Else By Natalie Wood or Wood Wood, and I discover that something I wanted before has been generously marked down. Like those Rachel Antoff Bass oxfords! Which I got in black. Now you go!