Tuesday, October 4, 2011

People Continue To Buy Bootcut Jeans

Sad, sad fashion news out of the number-crunchers at eBay: PEOPLE ARE STILL BUYING BOOTCUT JEANS!!!!!! Like, a LOT of them.

Apparently of the 3 million pairs of jeans purchased in the U.S. on eBay this past year, 793,289 pairs were... buh...buh...boot... UGH I CAN'T EVEN SAY IT! BOOTCUT jeans. Maybe this is simply an eBay-only phenomenon? I haven't seen any overall stats from the Denim Council Of America (surely that exists), but if eBay is representative of America's denim-buying habits, then we've got a major problem on our hands. Or, rather on our legs. Bootcuts are bad, bad, bad baby. They make you look short (I should know!), and, worse even than that, they make you look like just emerged from a cave for the first time since 2003. Skinnies, wide-leg jeans, boyfriend jeans or JUST DON'T WEAR PANTS!

As someone who owns an alarming amount of denim, here are some of my favorite denim brands and styles:

+ My favorite skinny jeans: Hudson does skinny jeans worthy of an Oscar, if they gave Oscars for jeans. And Uniqlo's skinny jeans are amongst my favorites. Also, I was just gifted a pair of Genetic Shya skinny jeans, and they're buttery soft, stretchy and feel like they were made for my body.

+ My favorite boyfriend jeans: Current Elliott. The boyfriend of all boyfriend jeans.

+ My favorite wide-legged jeans: 7 For All Mankind Dojo wide-legs. Perfect trouser silhouette.